How can having a spouse or sibling help the candidate migrate to Canada?

Siblings in Canada can help you to immigrate

Canada is one of the best countries in the world to settle because of the prolific opportunities it provides to the immigrants. There are modernized facilities of infrastructure, good standard of living and multiple growth opportunities in almost every job profile. Further, the best part about Canada is that it lays emphasis on the families staying together. Thus, you will find no hassle in immigrating to Canada with your family and there will good education facilities for your kids and wonderful healthcare system for your parent coupled with lucrative job opportunities for you and your spouse.

Further, the best way of immigrating to Canada is with the Permanent Residency(PR) status of Canada as it provides the candidate with the ability to extend the advantages to the family as well. As the Permanent Residency(PR) status is allotted for a period of five years and is a family visa. There is free healthcare, free education and protection against crime under the Canadian Charter 6 of Rights and Freedom. The Canadian equivalent of the America Green Card is called the Maple leaf Card or the Permanent Residency (PR) Card which apart from the right to live, study and work anywhere in Canada also provides the candidate with the right to apply for Canadian citizenship after two years of continuous stay in Canada.


How can the spouse help the candidate to increase the points in the Comprehensive Ranking system (CRS) score calculation?

It is up to the candidate to include the spouse as a secondary candidate when applying as a married person in the application of Permanent Residency(PR) status when it is first filed for review by the IRCC (Immigration Refugee and citizenship Canada). Including the spouse in the application at the time of immigration will make the candidate primary and the spouse will become the secondary candidate in that case. It is part of the Canadian lenient policies and rules that the spouse word is extended to mean the common law partner as well which is not the case with first world counties like America, where they have the strict definition of marriage to understand the word “Spouse”. In Canada, the common law partner that means somebody who has lived with you in an intimate relationship for a year is also a spouse. The credentials of the spouse and accessing of language, education and work experience of the candidate can help the primary candidate increasing his Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) score and immigrate to Canada.


How can Spousal Sponsorship be helpful?

Another method through which having a spouse in the picture can be helpful for the candidate is through Spousal sponsorship. It is a method in which your spouse acts as your sponsor for immigrating to Canada and the average processing time for the spousal sponsorship is 12 months. However, depending on individual cases the duration can be longer or shorter than 12 months. For being able to act as a sponsor there are some basic conditions-

  • The sponsor should be able 18 years of age
  • The sponsor should be a permanent resident(PR) or Canadian citizen
  • The candidate should have enough funds to help the spouse survive in the interim time of till he finds a job to settle

The sponsor will file the application with the IRCC (Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada) which will state that he/she is sponsoring his spouse to Canada. Once the application is approved the documentation and filing for visa along with the payment of fee can be taken care of. Remember the spouse will also have to undergo the medical and police verification just like any other applicant for immigration to Canada.


For helping the spouse for the sponsorship help can also be taken from an immigration consultant who is overseas. Since immigration is a legal process it is best to do so under the mentorship of a good and repayable immigrations Service only. Nationwide Immigration Services evaluate the different options available to the couples in different situations and with legal experience on their side helps the make the right decision and work towards a smooth resolution. To speak to our experts, you can contact us at 011-461-77777 or you can also write to us at

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Quick Enquiry Form

Our Immigration specialist will contact you shortly to help you out with the process.