Do you want to immigrate to Australia this year? Well, as an aspirant for an Australian visa, you must follow every update announced by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to apply for a visa keeping in mind the latest guidelines and rule changes.
The Australian immigration process is one of the most transparent immigration processes in the world, but it is never complacent about its relevance and effectiveness in changing times. That’s why they periodically announced changes not only to the points system but also to the migration and visa categories. In April 2019, the Australian government announced some key changes that would result from the applicant’s marital status or spousal status.
New types of Visas introduced by the Federal Government of Australia. The federal government passed the Migration Amendment (New Skilled Regional Visas) Regulations 2019. This act introduced new regional provisional visas and has also revised points awarding system for the Australian subclass 491 as well as the existing General Skilled Migration visas. Once the new regional provisional visa is introduced all of Australia except Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, and the Gold Coast.
How the points system is changed when applying for Australia PR visa with/without Spouse?
With changes made by the Australian Department of Home Affairs, the point system was also modified when applying with a partner for Australian PR visa. Following are the changes that will be enforced from November 15, 2019:
- More points for having a skilled spouse or de facto partner. Maximum points awarded will be 10 points. For this, the credentials of the spouse need to be get assessed by a designated assessing body.
- 15 points for applicants nominated by a State or Territory government or sponsored by a family member residing in regional Australia.
- 10 points if the applicant is having certain STEM qualifications
- 10 points for the applicant who is not having a spouse or de facto partner
- 5 points for applicants with a spouse or de facto partner who is having proficiency in the English language.
Confused about how to these points changes can help you to get your Australia PR visa? Contact us the best immigration consultant – Nationwide Visas on 92-92-92-92-81 and get in contact with our experienced immigration consultants.
Other than these changes were also made in the partner visa. For this, not only the applicants but also the sponsor is required to be assessed as well. Some amendments that were made in the Migration Act 1958 to establish the framework for the sponsored family visa program to:
- Separate sponsorship assessment from the visa application process for family-sponsored visas
- Require the approval of persons as family sponsors before any relevant visa applications are made
- Impose statutory obligations on persons who are or were approved as family sponsors and provide for sanctions if those obligations are not satisfied
- Facilitate the sharing of personal information between parties identified in a sponsorship application
- Enable the refusal of a sponsorship application and the cancellation or barring of a family sponsor in certain circumstance.
- Enable the regulations to prescribe details for, and in relation to, the operation of the sponsorship framework; and make consequential amendments
Other than the point system changes, Migration Amendment (New Skilled Regional Visas) Regulations 2019 also introduced three new visas:
- New Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa
- New Subclass 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa
- New Subclass 191 Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa
Start your immigration journey right now with Nationwide Visas. Call our experienced immigration consultants on 92-92-92-92-81.