Canada has always been the country with that has welcomed immigrants from all around the world. Looking at the previous year’s statistics, Canada has accepted approximately quarter of a million new permanent residences each year. Immigrants with skills and work experience, it is not a big hurdle for them to apply for Canada PR visa.
Which is the best way to move to Canada from India as Journalist?
Whenever moving to a new country, one always looks for the best possible way to immigrate to that country in this case Canada. Moving to Canada on profession basis can be categorized in two ways based on the reason for which immigrant is moving to Canada:
- Temporary Basis: In case the immigrants is moving to Canada only for a fixed interval of time, then the best way would be to apply for a work permit. Having a work permit allows its holder to move to Canada on a temporary basis which approximately is for duration of 6 to 8 months. With the help of the work permit, immigrants can work in Canada.
- Permanent Basis: For immigrants looking to move to Canada on a permanent basis, best way for them will be to get the Canada PR visa.
What is Canada PR visa?
Canada PR visa is for the immigrants who want to move to Canada on a permanent basis. PR visa allows its holder to live, study and work in country for duration of five years. There are also some major benefits of being a permanent resident of Canada and these benefits are as follows:
- Can live and work anywhere in the country
- Access to the subsidized education
- Will be able to sponsor the application of relatives for PR
- After certain period of time, can apply for Canadian citizenship
- Benefits of social security
- Protection under Canadian Law
Being a Canadian permanent resident, they have all equal rights to that of a Canadian citizen, except not be able to cast a vote and not be able to apply for job vacancies that requires high security clearance.
How to apply for Canada PR as a Journalist in 2019?
Applying for Canada PR as a journalist summarize that the applicant is a skilled immigrant who wants to move to Canada on a permanent basis. Federal government of Canada wants to increase the intake for the skilled immigrants in keeping in track with their three year immigration plan. With the year 2019, 2020 and 2021 Canadian government wants to have higher admission rate for the skilled immigrants like journalists, engineers etc.
Now, to apply for Canada PR there is some major immigration programs. With the help of below mentioned immigration pathways, immigrant will be able to apply for Canada PR visa:
One of the most popular and fastest ways to apply for Canada PR visa is the Express Entry Program. It is a point based program that manages the profile of the immigrants who have applied under Canada’s three skilled immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC). Immigrants who are able to clear the eligibility criteria, their express profile are submitted into the express pool with the profiles of the other immigrants. With the use of Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), profiles are awarded points based on selection factors and are ranked in the pool. Profile with the highest points, is then issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) via which the immigrant can apply for Canada PR visa to the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Another major immigration program for Canada PR visa is the Provincial Nomination Program (PNP). Every province in Canada (except Quebec) has a special agreement with the IRCC that allows them to nominate the skilled immigrants for permanent residency in the province. With this, provinces of Canada are able to meet the local labor market demands and develop their economies. Every PNP has different requirements and eligibility criteria based on the labor market. In comparison to express entry, PNPs have much less strict requirements and provides an easy immigration pathway for the immigrants who are not able to meet the requirements or CRS score cut-off for express entry program.
Other immigration pathways for Canada PR visa are as follows:
How to increase chances of moving to Canada from India being a journalist?
As mentioned before, Express entry program is the fastest way to move to Canada as a journalist. Depending on the CRS score of the candidate’s profile, ITAs are issued to the candidates. ITAs allow the candidates to submit their application for Canada PR visa to the IRCC.
To increase the chances for getting the ITA, candidates can improve their CRS score. Following are some ways via which the candidates can improve their CRS score:
- Siblings in Canada: 15 extra CRS points can be awarded if the applicant or their spouse/common-law partner has siblings in Canada as permanent resident.
- Educational Qualification: Maximum CRS points for educational qualification are 150 CRS points. Candidate can pursue higher level of education in order to get the maximum CRS points under this category.
- Language Proficiency: In order to get the maximum points for language proficiency, candidate needs to get CLB level 10. For this candidate, have to improve their score in language testing examinations like IELTS or CELPIP (for English) or TEF (for French).
- Provincial Nomination Program (PNP): For the candidates who are able to land a provincial nomination, they are awarded with 600 CRS points. These many points make sure that the candidate is able to land the ITA.
- Job-offer letter: Earlier the candidates who are having a job-offer from an employer of Canada were awarded 200 CRS points but this has been reduced to 50 CRS points. To get these points, candidate needs to get a full-time job offer letter form an eligible employer of the country.
Why choose Nationwide visas as your immigration consultant?
Nationwide Visas have been working successfully in Canadian immigration field for past 11 years and are rated as one of the best Canada immigration consultant in India. We offer exceptional immigration advice and assistance and are well known for our dedicated and customer-friendly policies and staff. Register with us now and start your immigration journey with the best immigration consultant in India.