What are IELTS Points requirements for Canada Permanent Residency(PR) Status 2018?
Canada has been the foremost choice for immigration for immigrants all over the world and what makes it the first choice to settle is better living conditions, low crime rate and modernised infrastructure of the country. Further, there are also plenty of opportunities in Canada professionally as well, there are growth opportunities for almost all the professions and every sector offers high paying job with prospects of expanding the mental horizons and learning the new avenues in their craft. Apart from all these positives what aspect stands out the mostwhile immigrating to Canada is warm reception that the immigrants receive after they immigrate to Canada. Culturally accepting of the foreigners, Canada provides a new level of social acceptance.
FILL FREE PRE- ASSESSMENT FORM FOR CANADA IMMIGRATION
How to get Permanent Residency (PR) Status of Canada?
Permanent Residency (PR) Status of Canada allows the candidate to stay in Canada legally, it is proof of your immigration status and is allotted for a period of five years. The Permanent Residency (PR) Status is a family visa in which the candidate can apply for Canadian Citizenship after a minimum stay of two years. The Permanent Residency (PR) Status of Canada can be acquired through three popular pathways – Express Entry Program, Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP).
LATEST NEWS ON IMMIGRATION TO CANADA
The eligibility for the Permanent Residency (PR) Status of Canada?
The Permanent Residency (PR) Status of Canada is allotted to the candidates after they are considered fit to receive the status after careful evaluation if their candidature. The eligibility of the Permanent Residency (PR) Status is sort by the evaluation of the candidates done through the point measurement method in all the categories. The minimum point eligibility is different in the categories and the candidates needs to fulfil the minimum points requirements in order to be considered eligible. The points are generally calculated on the following basis –
- Age – The ideal age for immigration which can get you high scores is 18 – 35 years. However, there is no age limit on immigration to Canada.
- Language – There are two official languages of Canada – French and English and the knowledge of at least one language is important for immigration to Canada. The knowledge of both the languages can be highly beneficial and can get the candidates extra points.
- Work Experience – Skilled candidates ae highly appreciated and welcomed by the government of Canada thus as a qualifier the government of Canada asks for at least one-year experience which is in a full time continuous and paid job.
- Education – The education is a very important criterion for immigration and high education can get you high score at the time of immigration. Plus, there is also an Educational Credential Assessment which happens before you migrate to Canada. The ECA of the candidate needs to be conducted through an authorised body like WES.
- Adaptability – Having a sibling or spouse in Canada can be highly advantageous as it ca get you extra 10 points during the time of immigration. A common law partner is also considered in the spouse category in this case.
- Arranged Employment – A valid job offer from the Canadian employer can help you get extra 10 points at the time of immigration. However, there are also provisions for immigrating to Canada without a Job offer thus one need not worry much about this category.
WORK OPPORTUNTIES IN CANADA
The Language Proficiency Test – IELTS(International English language Testing System)
International English language Testing System or IELTS is an examination which is highly popular and accepted in many countries like Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America, Australia and New Zealand. It is a test of the proficiency in the English Language for non-native English speakers and under this the English language abilities are tested on the parameters of – listening, reading, speaking and writing. The IELTS examination is accepted as an important category in universities and certain professional entities as well, where attainment of a particular score is highly essential for qualifying in that university or organisation. IELTS examination is valid for a period of two years from the date on which the test was conducted.
Another test that can test the proficiency of the English language is CLB or Canadian language benchmark and it is also an acceptable exam by the IRCC (Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada)
APPLY FOR THE PR STATUS OF CANADA THROUGH EXPRESS ENTRY PROGRAM
What is the test format for the IELTS examination?
IELTS examination is conducted to establish that you will be able to undertake the day to day communication efficiently during your stay in Canada. The total time of the examination is two hours and forty-five minutes in which the IELTS paper is broken down into four categories – Speaking, Writing, Listening and Reading. Further based on the reason why the IELTS examination has been taken for skilled workers or for university purpose there are two versions of the IELTS test – Academic and General Training. The subject of the test will change and be based on the version of the test candidate is appearing for. The first three categories of the paper – Reading, listening and writing are conducted on the same day without any breaks but the speaking test can be conducted on some other day but the maximum time frame is within a week of when the other three tests were conducted.
Learn more how many ielts band required for Canada PR?
Points allocation under International English language Testing System or IELTS
The points in IELTS are allocated in terms of band which ranges from 0 to 9 band. The band of o is given to a candidate who has zero level of competency in the English language and the band of 9 is allocated to someone who is an expert in the English language. Higher the band receive, the better is the competency of the candidate in the English Language. If a candidate needs to migrate to Canada, then the proficiency in the English language should be proven to the IRCC (Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada). IELTS examination is the first choice of educational institutes and professional entities of Canada.
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR IELTS SCORE?
What are the Requirements in terms of IELTS band for immigration to Canada?
The most convenient and the immediate way of migrating to Canada is through Express Entry program and in this method the evaluation of the candidature is done through point based measurement system. There are two main key points calculator in this category -The Sub category of the Express Entry Program- Federal skilled workers program (FSWP) and Comprehensive Ranking system (CRS) points calculator.
There is a minimum point requirement of 67 points out of 100 under the Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP). In this selection system the points for language efficiency is 24 (maximum)
||7.5 – 9
||8.0 – 9.0
||7.5 – 9.0
The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for testing language proficiency through IELTS:
- Maximum Points with a Spouse = 32 marks
- Maximum Points without a Spouse = 34 marks
How to improve your International English language Testing System (IELTS) score?
The command over the English language can be enhanced and through hard work the efficiency of the English language can be enhanced. Some of the common ways to increase the proficiency in the English language and thereby increase the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for eligibility are:
- Practice as much English as you can
- Solve the previous year test papers
- Get feedback from an expert in the language
- Start brushing your vocabulary
- Learn to make notes and pre write
- Visual literacy practice is very important
GET THE BEST IMMIGRATION SERVICE AT THE MOST AFFORDABLE RATES
Nationwide Immigration Service has been in the industry for over 11 years, established in the year 2007 in Nehru Place, Delhi, it is a globally recognised Immigration service. We have more than 10,000 processed applications to our credit and have a team of experts who are knowledgeable and highly experienced, they provide personalised guidance for the processing of the candidate’s application and provide adequate mentorship. For further information, feel free to call us at 011 – 461- 77777. Alternatively, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org